Annie Penn Foundation
Formed in 1990, the Annie Penn Foundation’s Mission is:
Through philanthropy, assist the Hospital in delivering health services responsive to the residents of the greater Rockingham County community.
The Foundation enhances the ability of Annie Penn Hospital to deliver state-of-the-art health care to all citizens within the hospital’s service area.
The Foundation’s purpose is to raise funds and community awareness to enhance the health services provided by Annie Penn Hospital.
Giving Opportunities in Rockingham County
- Annie Penn Hospital Cancer Center
- Annie Penn Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- Patient Education and Support
- Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Healing Arts
- Employee Assistance
- Penn Nursing Program – Rockingham County Congregational Nursing
- So much more!
Examples of Recent Grants
Recent grant examples:
- Funds to renovate Annie Penn Hospital Cancer Center
- Automatic blood pressure units
- Congregational Care Nurse Program
- Diabetes/Nutritional Services for 50 patients without insurance
- Six (6) passenger golf cart for transporting patients and visitors from parking lot
- Start-up for Community Outreach programs – provides free blood pressure screenings within the community
- Support for free physician lectures for the community each month
- Communication boards for the Emergency Department
- A Nurse Cancer Navigator
- An elliptical machine for the employees’ gym
- New uniforms for the volunteer staff
- Mosaic tile for the existing Serenity Garden
- Relocation of the Annie Penn Chapel from 2nd floor to main lobby
- Community Walking Trail and signage
- Equipment for developing Low Vision Program
- Continuing Education Tuition to be Lymphedema Certified
- Creative Curriculum system for Preschool
- Serenity garden signage for artist and Annie Penn Hospital Foundation
- Outdoor kitchen
- Wall handrails for the main hall Annie Penn Cancer Center
- Start-up money for a Cancer Fund
- Fish aquarium for Emergency Department
- Trophy case
Make a Donation
Whether your gift is small or large, you join the many other committed and motivated people who have so generously invested in the future of Annie Penn Hospital.
Donate online to the Annie Penn Hospital Foundation or call 336-951-4663. View a "Donor Bill of Rights"
A donation left as a legacy gift means you will have a direct impact on ensuring the care in Rockingham County remains best in class even beyond your lifetime. Learn more about our planned giving opportunities.
We recognize your generosity through our donor recognition programs. Learn more about The Rockingham Society and the Heritage Club.
As the sole governing body of the Foundation, the board of directors oversees the operational, strategic and financial plans of all foundation activities. Members are active participants in the fundraising process and serve as advocates for the hospital within the philanthropic community.
The Foundation Board is comprised of 24 volunteers who are carefully chosen community and professional leaders who preserve the Mission of Annie Penn Hospital and the Foundation to ensure that comprehensive medical services are being delivered in a quality manner consistent with the needs of Greater Rockingham County.